What an incredible season it has been! You will not want to miss having this DVD memory. It will have tons of pictures and videos from pre-camp through Macy’s, all packaged in an entertaining video produced by our very own Aaron Sundman.
How to order
- Fill out the Marching Band DVD order form
- Make your check out to the Rockford Band Parents. DVDs are $15 each.
- Place order form and payment in the white Inbox in the RHS band room by Thursday, December 7, 2017
All seniors will receive a free copy of the DVD as a gift from the Rockford Band Board. Any additional copies will be $15.
The Collage Concerts are coming up fast and will be here soon after we return from NYC!
There are two ways parents can help to make this a great experience for our students and community.
- Thursday, December 7, rehearsal: Sign up to help serve the kids and workers dinner, bring food donations, set up, serve, and clean up.
- Friday, December 8, and Saturday, December 9, concerts: Sign up to help with ticket sales, uniform checker, programs and seating, stage door, band room monitor. Please view the sign up for each duty and responsibilities. (Each concert is the same, so please consider attending one and volunteering for another performance.)
Thank you to the community for supporting our matching gift campaign in October. We have a very special benefactor, Jacquelyn De Regnaucourt, who matched $10,000! THANK YOU!!
How did we raise the funds?
- $5,000 from R.A.C.E (Rockford Area Community Endowment)
- $3,022 from GoFundMe
- $7,251 from generous companies, band parents, a can drive and the community
That’s a total of $15,273 in 3 weeks. Great job, everyone! Thank you for all your support. And, thank you to Jacquelyn, for starting the matching gift fundraiser and for supporting Rockford Bands and adding $10,000 to our total.
Matching gift donors
Alison Van Wyk
Dave Visser Builders LLC
Donald & Marilyn Strobel
Dorothy Christiansen & Amy Banfield
Jerry & Connie Jolly
James & James Mollema
John & Amy Vancil
John & Sandra Venman
Knights of Columbus/Bishop Richter Council 7761
Lipe Industrial Services
LLR Inc (Lula Roe)
Mark and Mary Fletcher
Mary Ellen Koziol
Paul and Sue Bristol
Rockford Area Community Endowment
Ronald & Paula Smith
Stanley & Barbara Zagalak
Steven & Jackie Decker
The Corner Bar
Thomas & Sarah Moore
Walter & Mary Andersen
Walter & Paula Chapton
William & Cheryl Martin
Individual band photos will be Friday, November 9, beginning at 10:30 a.m. Please have your student bring the photo order form with payment.
These are individual photos ONLY. We may have an opportunity for section photos in NYC. Full band picture can be ordered on the MCBA website through Jolesch Photography.
A Macy’s medication form must be filled out by a parent if your student requires medication during the Macy’s trip to NYC. It will be brought in, with the medication, during one of the two medication drop off times.
Things to know
- Tylenol and/or Motrin will be dispensed per your instructions on the Health/Permission form you filled out in March. Please do not sign up for Tylenol or Motrin or send in any. If that is all your student requires, do not fill out or send in a form.
- Chaperones will carry (in the medical bag): Tylenol, Motrin, band-aids, elastic bandages, antibacterial wipes, alcohol wipes, baking soda (for bug bites) and baby powder. They also have Smart Water, or equivalent, in case anyone needs extra hydration and saltine crackers for upset stomachs.
- Your student may bring the following to NYC without filling out the form: Acne creams (Rx or over the counter), nasal sprays, eye drops, Bengay, petroleum jelly (used to prevent chafing) and Preparation H. Students may use these items in their room. Your student will need to have a form on file for everything else, Rx or over the counter medications.
Filling out the form
1. Students who carry inhalers and/or Epi-Pens must register them but do not need to turn them in. Please write down the name of the medication and then X the “Carries” column, not A.N. (as needed). If your student has allergies to anything that requires an immediate dose of Benadryl, please write Benadryl as a medication and X “Carries”, but not A.N. This information is very important and will be given to the chaperones.
2. For each medication your student needs, please print the name of the medication and dosage and put an X in the box of the time the medication is to be given. The dispensing choices are – Brkfst, Lunch, Dinner, Bed, A.N. (as needed) or Carries. If your student needs a time other than that, please make a note about that on the form.
3. If you are sending a medication that is to be given only as needed, please only put an X under “A.N.”. Do not check any other column for that. If you add anything else, like “Brkfst.”, it will show up on the A.N. list and the Brkfst. list and your student will be tracked down after breakfast.
4. If your student has a medication that doesn’t fit the regular schedule or requires special preparation or you just want to ask about administering it, please send Deb an email.
The form must be brought in by a parent with the medications. Do not email the form and do not send any medications with your student per school rules.
Medication drop-off times
There will be two opportunities for a parent – not a student – to turn in medication:
- Monday, November 13, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 16, 2:30-4:30 p.m.
Medication check-in will be in the Green Room just outside the RHS Band Room.
They will not accept any medication or forms on the day of departure. The nurse and Deb will not be there for departure and everything must be ready for travel and marked appropriately before departure time for the safety of the students. There will be no exceptions.