The Rockford High School Marching Band is representing Michigan in the 2017 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
One of only 10 marching bands to be chosen from around the country, Rockford Marching Band is proud and excited to represent Michigan in front of more than 3.5 million people along the parade route and more than 50 million viewers on television.
Rockford Marching Band is only the third band in the State of Michigan and the very first from West Michigan to be chosen in the 91-year history of the parade.
Will you help us March to Macy’s?
1. Make a secure donation through PayPal. Every dollar helps!
2. Donate using GoFundMe
3. Find out how you or your business can be a part of it by becoming a sponsor. We will be offering perks, kudos and free advertising for our sponsors. Plus, your donation is tax deductible!
4. Help us raise money through a community fundraiser:
- Sign up your foursome for our Golf Scramble
- Join us for an evening of fun and dancing at our dinner and auction
- Buy raffle tickets to win a new Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback LT
Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade 90th Anniversary Special that aired on NBC on Thanksgiving Eve. They highlight some of the 2017 bands and show how they announced that Rockford was selected!
Rockford High School Bands, under the direction of Brian Phillips, had an award-winning season in 2016. With their show, “Metamorphosis”, the 250 member Rockford Marching Band earned several 1st place and Grand Championship titles, along with many captions. They placed second at the MCBA State Finals, along with 2 captions. They are a regular participant at the Bands of America Grand Nationals and in 2017, they will be marching in the 91st Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.